BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 27, 2010

His PERFECT will.

Today was the day : ) What a blessing it was to share this day with some AMAZING brothers and sisters in Christ. What a joy it is to know that God is my forgiver, my strength, and that He makes ALL things new .He is the God of new beginnings and second chances. I am praying for big and mighty works to be done in each and every one of us.

Love you all.

____________________
-Why have you decided to be baptized? (give us a little insight into your story)

Growing up in a family full of pastors , musicians, and humble hearts, I was blessed to know Christ at a young age. I came to personally walk and know Him at the age of seven and have had my fair share of spiritual rollercoasters. Over the past 2 years, I have grasped Him and His love in deeper ways that ever before. I have watched my faith be tested, I have watched and seen his fingerprints all over specific areas of my life that have led me up to this one. It's not about just going through the motions anymore. My heart longs for more of Him, desires to grow into a deeper relationship with Him, and grasp even more who He is. I know this is the next step to do that.


-Why is the act of baptism so significant to you?
For me baptism is something deep, something personal, something that grasps all that Christ has done for us on the cross and making that public. It is a public affirmation of my ( one's) faith. On more of a personal level for me, baptism, is about expressing to others what God is doing in my life. He is washing away my messy, selfish, prideful, insecure and self-controlling self and showing His goodness, faithfulness, and forgiveness. It's the next step of obedience for me and breaking bondage that I have had for far too long.

-A common fear that people have about baptism is not having their life "all together." How would you respond to this?

Goodness...I don't know if I can be farther away for " all together ". As mentioned previously , I am a mess. Utter mess. :-) . We are all broken people, who fall short of His glory . I love the quote by Leighton Ford, "God loves us the way we are, but too much to leave us that way." Once one makes the decision to accept Christ into their life, it's not up to us anymore. Once we open up our heart to grasp Him and His ways, he is what helps us make beauty off the messiness, beauty of the brokeness, and beauty of the "ashes." He is the first step. He longs for us to be who He has created us to be . He changes , he mends , he fixes . :-)

I am beyond blessed to be apart of this with all of you . I am trully greatful for the hearts of all of you and the community. I pray God continues growing us and strengthening all of us in Him. I look forward to so many " new beginnings " will all of you , and seeing all of us grow into a closer relationship with Him :-)

No comments: